Staff + Contact Us
Adria Walker, editor-in-chief
Greyson Scudder, news editor
Jenna Gibson, opinions editor
Courtney Cleveland, features editor
Asia Allen, events editor
Will Brown, sports editor
Claire Dooley, staff photographer
Alexis Carter, copy editor
Arielle Dreher, adviser
Do you have an idea for a story, event, picture, video, feedback or just want to chat?
Got a comment?
The Purple & White strives to provide a forum for student expression, therefore, the comment function under all stories is available to any reader. Comments are screened, however, at the discretion of the editorial staff. The Purple & White reserves the right to publish or withhold publishing any comment made on any story on thepurpleandwhite.com.
Got a correction?
Email editor-in-chief Adria Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org) and adviser Arielle Dreher (email@example.com). As an online publication (with no print edition), The Purple & White will issue corrections online with disclaimers included in the headlines of stories as well as full descriptions of the corrections disclosed at the bottom of each story.
Please address complaints or concerns about The Purple & White to the co-chairs of the Student Publications Board:
The Purple & White Purpose Statement and Disclaimer
As a student publication, The Purple & White distinguishes itself from Millsaps College in several ways. All content reflects the editorial discretion of the students operating the newspaper and as such must be interpreted as unofficial university communication and not construed as representing in whole or in part the official views of university administration, faculty or staff.
Specifically, the purposes of The Purple & White include:
• The student newspaper exists as the student audience-based news source of Millsaps College. It is viewed as the context in which aspiring journalists, who are students at the college, practice and learn their craft in conditions approximating those of a real-life newsroom as closely as possible.
• The Purple & White exists to serve its students first in both readership and leadership arenas. Students are the paper’s primary audience and primary producers. The Purple & White is entirely produced by students, giving those interested in journalism the opportunity to participate in student journalism and learn how to work as a part of an editorial team.
• The Purple & White serves the undergraduate students of Millsaps College as its primary audience. Impact as a news value for readers is considered as it affects undergraduate students. Therefore, angles on stories, sourcing, feature discussions and editorials should be viewed in the light of a student forum—students writing to inform and discuss with students.
• The student newspaper exists to provide information not readily available to students by other means.
• The student newspaper exists to provide a forum for student expression.